This agreement applies as between you, the User of this Website and Jo Simons, the owner of this Website. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Agreement the following terms shall have the following meanings:
- Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website;
- Jo Simons means Jo Simons - Cognitive Hypnotherapy, Reflexology and Hypnobirthing of 35 Sunnyside Road, London W5 5HT;
- Service means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Jo Simons makes available through the Website either now or in the future;
- Services means the services available to you through this Website, specifically Cognitive Hypnotherapy, Reflexology, Hypnofertility and Hypnobirthing;
- Payment Information means any details required for the purchase of Services from this Website.
- Purchase Information means any orders, invoices, receipts or similar that may be in hard copy or electronic form; Premises Means our places of business; User means any third party that accesses the Website; and
- Website means the website that you are currently using www.josimons.co.uk.
Persons under the age of 18 should use this Website only with the supervision of an Adult. Payment Information must be provided by or with the permission of an Adult.
Subject to the exceptions in Third Party Intellectual Property Clause of these Terms and Conditions, all Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Jo Simons, or other relevant third parties. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such material is protected by applicable United Kingdom and International intellectual property and other laws.
Subject to Fair Use of Intellectual Property Clause below you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the Website unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by Jo Simons.
Third Party Intellectual Property
Unless otherwise expressly indicated, all Intellectual Property rights including, but not limited to, Copyright and Trademarks, in product images and descriptions belong to the manufacturers or distributors of such products as may be applicable.
Subject to Fair Use of Intellectual Property Clause below you may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use such material unless otherwise indicated on the Website or unless given express written permission to do so by the relevant manufacturer or supplier.
Fair Use of Intellectual Property
Material from the Website may be re-used without written permission where any of the exceptions detailed in Chapter III of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 apply.
Links to Other Websites
This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Jo Simons or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such web sites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Links to this Website
Those wishing to place a link to this Website on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site without prior permission. Deep linking requires the express permission of Jo Simons. To find out more please contact us by email at email@example.com.
Use of Communications Facilities
When using the enquiry form or any other System on the Website you should do so in accordance with the following rules:
- You must not use obscene or vulgar language;
- You must not submit Content that is unlawful or otherwise objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to, Content that is abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, ageist, sexist or racist;
- You must not submit Content that is intended to promote or incite violence;
- It is advised that submissions are made using the English language as I may be unable to respond to enquiries submitted in any other languages;
- The means by which you identify yourself must not violate these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws;
- You must not impersonate other people; and
- You must not use our System for unauthorised mass-communication such as “spam” or “junk mail”.
- You acknowledge that Jo Simons reserves the right to monitor any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- You acknowledge that Jo Simons may retain copies of any and all communications made to us or using our System.
- You acknowledge that any information you send to us through our System or post on the blog may be modified by us in any way and you hereby waive your moral right to be identified as the author of such information. Any restrictions you may wish to place upon our use of such information must be communicated to us in advance and we reserve the right to reject such terms and associated information.
Services, Pricing and Availability
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that all descriptions of Services available from Jo Simons correspond to the actual Services, Jo Simons is not responsible for any variations from these descriptions. This does not exclude our liability for mistakes due to negligence on our part and refers only to variations of the correct Services, not different Services altogether.
Where appropriate, you may be required to select the required Services. Jo Simons does not warrant that such Services will be available. All pricing information on the Website is correct at the time of going online. Jo Simons reserves the right to change prices and alter or remove any special offers from time to time and as necessary.
Provision of Services
Provision of Services shall commence when full payment has been received or as otherwise detailed in the Terms & Conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
Jo Simons shall use its best endeavours to provide the Services with reasonable skill and care.
Provision of all Services shall be subject to the terms and conditions pertaining directly to those Services.
Jo Simons makes no warranty or representation that the Website will meet your requirements, that it will be of satisfactory quality, that it will be fit for a particular purpose, that it will not infringe the rights of third parties, that it will be compatible with all systems, that it will be secure and that all information provided will be accurate. We make no guarantee of any specific results from the use of our Service or Services.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute advice and the Content of this Website should not be relied upon when making any decisions or taking any action of any kind.
No part of this Website is intended to constitute a contractual offer capable of acceptance.
Whilst Jo Simons uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, all Users are advised to take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
Changes to the Service and these Terms and Conditions
Jo Simons reserves the right to change the Website, its Content or these Terms and Conditions at any time. You will be bound by any changes to the Terms and Conditions from the first time you use the Website following the changes. If Jo Simons is required to make any changes to Terms and Conditions by law, these changes will apply automatically to any orders pending in addition to any orders placed by you in the future.
Availability of the Website
The Service is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by law we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality.
Jo Simons accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website resulting from external causes including, but not limited to, ISP equipment failure, host equipment failure, communications network failure, power failure, natural events, acts of war or legal restrictions and censorship.
Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Jo Simons accepts no liability for any direct or indirect loss or damage, foreseeable or otherwise, including any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the Website or any information contained therein. Users should be aware that they use the Website and its Content at their own risk.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Jo Simons’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from any negligence or fraud on the part of Jo Simons.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes or restricts Jo Simons’s liability for any direct or
- indirect loss or damage arising out of the incorrect provision of Services or out of reliance on incorrect information included on the Website.
- Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that these Terms and Conditions adhere strictly with the relevant provisions of the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977, in the event that any of these terms are found to be unlawful, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, that term is to be deemed severed from these Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining Terms and Conditions. This term shall apply only within jurisdictions where a particular term is illegal.
In the event that any party to these Terms and Conditions fails to exercise any right or remedy contained herein, this shall not be construed as a waiver of that right or remedy.
Previous Terms and Conditions
In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any prior versions thereof, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Third Party Rights
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall confer any rights upon any third party. The agreement created by these Terms and Conditions is between you and Jo Simons.
- All notices / communications shall be given to us either by post to our Premises, address above, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Such notice will be deemed received 7 days after posting, the day of sending if the email is received on a business day and on the next business day if the email is sent on a weekend or public holiday.
- Jo Simons may from time to time send you information about our products and/or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please click on the 'Unsubscribe" link in any email which you receive from us."
Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and Jo Simons shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Law of England and Wales and Jo Simons and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
This website is not designed to, and does not, provide medical advice. All content including text, images and information available on or recommended through this website is for general information purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
If after reading this website, you have medical concerns you are recommended to consult with your doctor.
Testimonials appearing on this site are received via email, external review sites or by text message. They represent individual experiences from those who have used the services of Jo Simons.
Jo Simons does not claim that they are typical results that potential clients will achieve. They are individual results and should not be taken as representative of all of those who will use the services.
The testimonials displayed are given verbatim except for correction of grammatical or typing errors, although some have been shortened, when it seemed lengthy or not the whole testimonial is relevant.
Testimonials are not intended to make claims that the services of Jo Simons should or can be used to diagnose, treat, or cure.
A "cookie" is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive and which records how you move your way around a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyse traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system but help the site provide a better user experience.
You can block cookies at any time by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies, including essential cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. See below for more information.
Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser, they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
- Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
Cookies can also be categorised as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website effectively, such as when buying a product and / or service, and therefore cannot be turned off. Without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable us to monitor and improve the performance of our website. For example, they allow us to count visits, identify traffic sources and see which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow our website to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, we may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymised.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
- For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
- For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla: https://support.mozilla.org/
- For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site https://www.josimons.co.uk. This includes any information you may provide through our site when you purchase a product or service, sign up to our mp3 or newsletter.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Jo Simons is the data controller and is responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Full name of legal entity: Jo Simons, Trading as Jo Simons – Hypnotherapy & Reflexology
Telephone: 07798 924636 Email
Postal address: 35 Sunnyside Road, London W5 5HT
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We should be grateful if you would contact us first if you do have a complaint so that we can try to resolve it for you.
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by email.
I hold and use client data in order to provide you with the best possible treatment options, support and advice.
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
How we collect data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- filling in forms on our website;
- completing our pre-session questionnaires;
- communicating with us directly including by post, phone, email, social media messaging;
- verbally during a treatment session;
- as you use our website from our analytics providers such as Goggle, advertising networks such as Facebook, as well as search information providers such as Goggle:
- using Paypal to complete your payment.
How we use your data and for what purpose
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data this includes any communication that you give to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, telephone call, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and details about financial payments between us. We process this data to supply the services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us. We process this data to enable you to receive our newsletter. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests to grow our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website such as your IP address, your login data, browser details, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking systems. We process this data to analyse use of our website to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Sensitive Data we will also collect and keep sensitive "Health Related Information" in order to deliver services to you. This is for Jo Simons to fulfil the role of health care practitioner bound under the NCH, AoR, and CNHC Code of Practice and Ethics. We require your explicit consent for processing any sensitive data, so if you do submit health related information, we will ask for you to confirm your consent before we process it.
Where we are required to collect personal data to fulfil the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data, we will not be able to provide our services to you.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests namely to grow our business.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications if:
- you have been a client or have asked for information from us about our services, or,
- you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since.
You can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time by using our opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us. Where you opt out of receiving our marketing communications, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a providing a service to you.
We do not share your data for marketing purposes with any third party.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in how we use your personal data:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, accountants and insurers who provide services to us.
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Some of our third parties service providers are based outside the European Economic Area so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we do our best to ensure a similar degree of security of data by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission; or
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts or codes of conduct or certification mechanisms approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe; or
- If we use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, we may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. We also allow access to your personal data only to partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
The lawful basis under which I hold and use for information is:
- Insurance for ‘claims occurring’ which requires records to be kept for 7 years after last treatment.
- The law regarding children’s records which requires records to be kept until the child is 25 or if 17 when treated, then 26.
- CNHC requirements to retain client information for 8 years after last treatment.
- Tax requirements to keep basic client information for 6 years after last treatment.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and, where the lawful ground of processing is consent, to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data, or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.