Ealing - London - Online
Feel calm and relaxed for birth
I used hypnobirthing techniques to help me manage the birth of my own daughter naturally.
Knowing how effective hypnobirthing techniques can be, I would love to help you gain the confidence and skills, so you too can feel empowered to have the most positive birthing experience possible for you.
Whatever method you choose, you can have the unique birth YOU want, not somebody else's idea of the perfect birth.
"I would definitely recommend confident childbirth to others, I am a pretty anxious person, talking through fears, working on strategies & finding what techniques worked for me made it very personal."
Confident Childbirth Hypnobirthing is a flexible approach to Hypnobirthing tailored to you.
You will learn:
- Self-hypnosis to help you relax quickly and keep you calm.
- Visualisation exercises so you can rehearse how you want your birth to be.
- Practical pain control techniques to help you manage discomfort with the minimum use of drugs.
- How you can harness the innate skill all women have to give birth.
- How to remain positive, in control and in communication.
- To reduce any pregnancy anxiety.
- To reframe any negative birthing experiences or stories.
You will also receive hypnobirthing mp3s for you to listen to at home.
If you are anxious and therefore tensing the muscles in your body, your body will work against you and slow or even interrupt the birth process. If labour times are longer, this often leads to medical intervention. Hypnobirthing will teach you tools that can help you to relax and no matter what type of birth you have. The established hypnobirthing tools will help if have a vaginal birth, planned or emergency C-section.
Even if labour is not straightforward and you find you need some pain relief or require a medical intervention, you will learn how you can still stay calm and in control so you can achieve a positive experience for you and your baby.
“Hypnobirthing played a part in helping me not to need stronger pain relief or any intervention.”
Hypnobirthing could help you:
- Feel more relaxed and calmer.
- Get a deeper sleep and get you back to sleep if you are disturbed.
- Have a significantly shorter labour.
- Remain in control and have a natural, calm, comfortable birth.
- Reduce the likelihood of delivery by forceps, ventouse, or cesarean section.
- Your baby is likely to have a higher Apgar score.
- Reduce the use of medication leading to fewer side effects for you and your baby.
- Have a shorter hospital stay and a quicker postnatal recovery.
- Have a reduced incidence of post-natal depression.
- Hypnobirthing babies are often calmer, feed and sleep better.
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation techniques will aid you with breast-feeding.
- Cope more easily with issues of family life as well as sleep more easily.
The National Childbirth Trust has also published a research overview on self hypnosis for labour.
If you would like to find out more about how hypnobirthing could help you, please read the posts below. Or click on the hypnobirthing reviews from previous clients so you see what you could achieve.
“Hypnobirthing was really fundamental to me being able to give birth naturally and I was able to go in with a positive mindset. A big thanks for the sessions, I truly believe they set me up for success. “
When should I start Hypnobirthing?
An excellent time to start the course is at the beginning of the third trimester. Although you are welcome to start earlier so that you can begin to enjoy the relaxation, visualisations and have plenty of time to practice the techniques.
I do not run group classes, I prefer to meet all of my hypnobirthing clients on a 1:1 basis. This enables me to help you manage any concerns. You can come on your own or with your partner. Some partners come just for the first session, others choose to attend all of them. Occasionally some have a session of their own if they have any particular fears or anxiety in connection with the birth.
My aim is help you feel in control and confident, although your partner will play an invaluable role through their calm presence and helping to keep the right atmosphere for you during childbirth, you can pass any techniques and tips onto them after our sessions.
Why Confident Childbirth
Childbirth is a natural process and can be a positive experience if you learn to trust your body.
Each mother and baby is unique. This approach is flexible, tailored to each individual and not just script based. I will take into account how you feel now, guide you towards the birth that you want for you and your baby and respects your wishes. The aim is to have a positive experience of birth no matter who birth proceeds.
I am a Cognitive Hypnotherapist with additional specialised training to enable me to offer you “Confident Childbirth” Hypnobirthing classes. So if you have had a previous traumatic birth, or need to overcome specific anxieties or fears I can use both Hypnosis and NLP techniques to help you overcome them.
It's never too late for a session of hypnobirthing to be of benefit.
Even one session will teach you some useful skills and techniques and will be time well spent.
Pregnant employees, and their partners have the right to paid time off for antenatal care. Antenatal care’ isn’t just medical appointments - it can also include antenatal or parenting classes if they’ve been recommended by a midwife. Read more here.
“I know it made a huge difference. The techniques I learnt and the wonderfully relaxing mp3 downloads Jo sent me helped me to enter an almost trance-like state. I felt calm and in control throughout most of the labour."