Ealing - London - Online
Feel calm and relaxed for birth
Hypnobirthing techniques helped me manage the birth of my own daughter naturally.
Would you like to gain the confidence and skills, so you too can feel empowered to have the most positive birthing experience possible for you?
If you learn some hypnobirth techniques it is more likely you will have a significantly shorter labour, will be more positive, alert and in control and you may find you do not need any pain relief. There is also a much reduced likelihood that you will experience delivery by forceps, ventouse, or caesarean section.
Hypnobirthing is about letting you choose whats best for you so you can have the unique birth YOU want. You don't have to have somebody else's idea of the perfect birth.
The established hypnobirthing tools will help if have a vaginal birth, planned or emergency C-section. Even if labour is not straightforward and you find you need some pain relief or require a medical intervention, you will learn how you can still stay calm and in control so you can achieve a positive experience for you and your baby.
"I would definitely recommend confident childbirth to others, I am a pretty anxious person, talking through fears, working on strategies & finding what techniques worked for me made it very personal."
Confident Childbirth Hypnobirthing is a flexible approach to Hypnobirthing tailored to you.
You will learn:
- Self-hypnosis to help you relax quickly and keep you calm.
- Visualisation exercises so you can rehearse how you want your birth to be.
- Practical pain control techniques to help you manage discomfort with the minimum use of drugs.
- How you can harness the innate skill all women have to give birth.
- How to remain positive, in control and in communication.
- To reduce any pregnancy anxiety.
- To reframe any negative birthing experiences or stories.
You will also receive hypnobirthing mp3s for you to listen to at home.
Hypnobirthing could help you:
- Feel relaxed and calmer about birth.
- Sleep better and get you back to sleep if you are disturbed.
- Have a significantly shorter labour.
- Remain in control and have a natural, calm, comfortable birth.
- Reduce the likelihood of delivery by forceps, ventouse, or cesarean section.
- Your baby is likely to have a higher Apgar score.
- Reduce the use of medication leading to fewer side effects for you and your baby.
- Have a shorter hospital stay and a quicker postnatal recovery.
- Have a reduced incidence of post-natal depression.
- Hypnobirthing babies are often calmer, feed and sleep better.
- Self-hypnosis and relaxation techniques will aid you with breast-feeding.
- Cope more easily with issues of family life as well as sleep more easily.
The National Childbirth Trust has also published a research overview on self hypnosis for labour.
“Hypnobirthing played a part in helping me not to need stronger pain relief or any intervention.”
If you would like to find out more about how hypnobirthing could help you, please read the research or posts. Or click on the hypnobirthing reviews from previous clients so you see what you could achieve.
“Hypnobirthing was really fundamental to me being able to give birth naturally and I was able to go in with a positive mindset. A big thanks for the sessions, I truly believe they set me up for success. “
When should I start Hypnobirthing?
An excellent time to start the course is at the beginning of the third trimester. Although you are welcome to start earlier so that you can begin to enjoy the relaxation, visualisations and have plenty of time to practice the techniques.
I like to work with my hypnobirthing clients on a 1:1 basis and do not run group classes. This enables me to help you manage any individual concerns.
You can choose whether you come on your own or with your partner. Some partners come just for the first session, others choose to attend all of them. Occasionally some have a session of their own if they have any particular fears in connection with birth.
Although your partner will play an invaluable role through their calm presence and helping to keep the right atmosphere for you during childbirth, many do not attend and you can pass any techniques and tips onto them after our sessions.
Why Confident Childbirth
Childbirth is a natural process and can be a positive experience if you learn to trust your body.
Each mother and baby is unique. This approach is flexible, tailored to each individual and not just script based. I will take into account how you feel now, guide you towards the birth that you want for you and your baby and respects your wishes. The aim is to have a positive experience of birth no matter how birth proceeds.
As a Cognitive Hypnotherapist with additional specialised hypnobirth training, if you have had a previous traumatic birth, or need to overcome specific anxieties or fears we can use Hypnosis and NLP techniques to overcome them.
There are many different types of hynobirth classes out there. Spend some time considering the best option for you and your partner.
The Confident Childbirth Approach to Hypnobirthing, is a useful extra to a nct or antenatal class which I would also recommend.
It's never too late for a session of hypnobirthing to be of benefit.
Even one session will teach you some useful skills and techniques and will be time well spent.
Did you know that pregnant employees, and their partners have the right to paid time off for antenatal care. This can include antenatal classes if they are recommended by a midwife or doctor. Read more here.
“I know it made a huge difference. The techniques I learnt and the wonderfully relaxing mp3 downloads Jo sent me helped me to enter an almost trance-like state. I felt calm and in control throughout most of the labour."